Tuesday, November 6, 2018

SHOCKER! BOBBY MITCHELL GONZO

Aimee Dilger | Times Leader
I didn't see this one coming, but the Yankees are parting ways with Scranton Wilkes-Barre's Bobby Mitchell.  Mitchell was their manager.  The story comes from the Times Leader:

"RailRiders manager Bobby Mitchell is out after just one season at the helm. The New York Yankees will not renew his contract when it runs out at the end of the year. 

Louriann Mardo-Zayat file photo | PawSox
'They didn’t renew it. I’m not really sure why or whatever. It happens,' Mitchell, 63, told the Times Leader in a phone interview on Monday. 'I was a little surprised, obviously. I’m not really sure. I didn’t get much of an explanation. “I enjoyed my time there. So I was disappointed.'”

What a bummer. Mitchell was one of the good ones. He was 179-103 with the Raidriders during his time there.  Pretty surprising.

Anyway... I thought I'd tell ya!


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017