Thursday, November 22, 2018

MY BYB THANKSGIVING DAY BLESSING


It's that time of the year again. Thanksgiving is an important day for me, as I am sure it is for many. Today is a reminder for me of what this day really means now as an adult compared to when I was a kid. It's not just about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, a day off from work or school or cooking a big meal. It means so much more.

Today and every day now I give thanks. I am thankful to have good health, two good jobs (Yes, BYB counts in my book!), a wonderful husband and stability in my life. The world is a crazy place everyday. There is something about having this site to come to and just write a few times a week. It gives peace, and serenity and a timeout from all of the craziness we all have everyday.


I get to write about my love for baseball. How can you not like watching guys like Aaron Judge do something awesome like win the Home Run Derby and then write about it? Or maybe even write about a time when Aaron Boone or Greg Bird does something that angers you and know that other people out there agree! I still wake up some mornings and pinch myself. It's a cool feeling. It's nice to be a part of something BIGGER that has meaning. Then I also get to go to another job that couldn't be more opposite then this and I love that too. Does it get any better than that?

I am thankful to have all of you who come here sometimes daily just to read us. I couldn't have imagined that when I first started working here almost eight years ago (YES...EIGHT!) that we would have almost seven million hits! I never imagined being able to meet so many interesting people and form some of the friendships that I have. In a lot of cases, it is more than just a friendship, it is family.

So today, like me I hope you sit back and think about what you are grateful for. It's easy to lose sight of sometimes especially in the hustle and bustle of our everyday hectic life. Thank you for being here and sharing our passion and giving us so much support. It makes this gig even better.

I hope you all have a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving today. Enjoy all of your family traditions and who knows maybe even start a new one this year, like me!




--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj




BYB Stack Merchandise (2017)


http://shrsl.com/?hb1w

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017