Saturday, November 17, 2018

I LOVE THAT DROB'S HIS OWN AGENT

Photo: NJ.com
It takes balls. It takes a lot of pride and self-worth and confidence to do that. Plus, he's just a great guy.  Not sure if you know this but there are reports out there that David Robertson wants a 3 year deal... somewhere. And actually... he was very specific as to what he wants.  This comes from The Score and BYB is sharing it with you this morning...

"...the reliever wants to pitch for a team located close to Rhode Island, where Robertson lives. That preference keeps the Yankees in the mix to retain his services for 2019 and beyond, and it also means other Northeast-area teams are an option, including perhaps the New York Mets and Boston Red Sox.


The 33-year-old right-hander told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand this week that he's already spoken with at least six teams. Robertson didn't reveal any of the teams, though according to Hoch, the Yankees are one of them. His preference would be to sign a three-year deal. 

'I feel like I'm in my prime and I'm ready to go for another three years,' Robertson said. 'We're trying to just go with the flow. This is my first time representing myself, so I'm taking it slow and weighing my options.'"


So we'll just have to see.  Look, it would break my heart to see DRob in a Red Sox uniform, but this is business.  I just hope the Yanks pick him up. All signs point to him being a great friend and teammate, and that goes from even his time in Chicago. So you want that in a clubhouse.  If I'm the Yankees, I bring him back. Definitely at 2 years... I'm not sure about 3.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017