Tuesday, October 30, 2018

THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG


Good Morning BYB Freaks.  The Fat lady has sung. A Red Sox fan has sent me an email... and it's kind. Read this...


Dear Casey,

Thanks for the Congratulations. The truth is, I loved watching this season and really liked my Red Sox win. I did want to point out a few things about your website and me being a Red Sox fan though and I find it kind of important.

You do great work. I say this because I have read your site for a few years now. I rarely agree when you and your writers write about my Boston Red Sox, but I have to say, you guys are real. You are knowledgeable and you say it like it is.  Dare I say that I respect you and your writers. You are true fans.

I did find it unfair that you were ripping us fans about the "Yankees Suck" chants the other night.  I wasn't there at Game 5, but I have been at plenty of games where if the Red Sox were playing the Yankees or not, that chant is always there. I think you are right in a sense. We are always thinking about the Yankees. It's been a long journey. Your team has a lot of championships. We are only recently winning. So, you can understand that it's that whole razzing thing. We don't hate the Yankee fans. We get it. We hate the Yankees, just like you guys hate the Red Sox.  You have said it multiple times, "That's what being a fan is."

Casey, I really just wanted to say thanks.  You have opened my eyes to being more of a baseball fan than a Red Sox fan. While I will always bleed red, I now have an opened mind when I watch baseball.  I don't get crazy when things don't go the Red Sox way, but I do see both sides to plays and respect the game a lot more than I did before I started reading Bleeding Yankee Blue.  I know, this is weird, but you guys are great like that.  It's never about hate and rudeness. You write truthfully and honest. I really enjoy it and look for it every day.

I just wanted to say thanks for congratulating the Red Sox and the fans on a good season. No other Yankee website would do that. Yes, there are "trashy" fans as you say on all corners of the world, but there are some good ones too.  I hope you and I can form that bond. You guys at BYB make it cool to be baseball fans.

Respect and thanks


Greg
Boston

Um... Wow! I didn't expect that email, but I got it late last night and to be honest... I couldn't wait to post it this morning.  Greg, thanks for getting it. We aren't about the hate and appreciate you input.  Your team played amazing this season.  The good fans deserve all the best.

Happy Tuesday. I have a feeling I'm having Tacos in my house tonight.


Mike O'Hara's New Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017