Tuesday, August 21, 2018

BACKING YOUR KID ISN'T A BAD THING

Photo: Getty Images
As you know if you read BYB, I've always liked Tyler Austin.  We've been a supporter of the kid forever. Through the tough times... during the good times. Even during the Twins times.

The other day I liked a tweet by Tyler's Dad, Chris. He took a shot at the Yankees organization through Greg Bird (if that makes sense), because, let's face it... since Tyler went over to the Twins, he's been kicking butt, and besides that Grand Slam by Bird the other day... it hasn't been exactly wonderful. Bird's been struggling.

Chris tweeted:

"Tyler has more hits with the Twins in a week than Bird has in a month with the Yankees."

Now, the tweet has since been deleted. To be honest, he should have kept it out there for the world to see.  For 1, it's a fact... for 2... sometimes you need to stir it up. 3... it's damn OK to be proud of your kid, especially if he's been slighted by an organization that he's given his heart and soul to for years.

Photo: Getty Images
But as far as the Tweet by Chris... I get it.  I get it like a father would get it.  He's taking a shot. He's not really taking a shot at Bird though... he's taken a shot at the Yankees organization for giving up on Tyler.  And I have news for you... if you don't get that? I can't help you.

Now USA Today felt like they needed to slam the guy.  For what, I have no idea... I guess they just need clicks.

"Is Tyler Austin better than Greg Bird? Austin's dad, Chris, certainly thinks so, and he took to Twitter to make that point. The tweets have since been deleted..."

Who cares... family circles the wagon when it comes to family.  Makes sense, I tip my cap to Chris.

Keep kicking ass Tyler... become a legend in Minnesota. Prove the Yanks wrong!

And before anyone gets on my case for slighting Bird, I'm not... I'm rooting for Tyler.


Be Read. Get Known.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017