Monday, July 30, 2018

YANKEES LAND LYNN


It came as a surprise to me, but I am glad they got some pitching in the process. That being said, the Yankees traded away yet another one of my guys, Tyler Austin in the process.


That's right, days ago I commented on how I didn't want to lose a guy like Billy McKinney, although would accept it and move on, and today, another one of my guys, Wonderboy, Mr. Tyler Austin,  is now being shipped to Minnesota.

MLB.com has the story:


"The Yankees have acquired right-hander Lance Lynn from the Twins for infielder/outfielder Tyler Austin and Class A right-hander Luis Rijo, a source tells MLB.com's Mark Feinsand. 

A free agent at the end of the season, Lynn is 7-8 with a 5.10 ERA in 20 starts..."

While his numbers aren't too great, the truth is maybe Lynn will have better run support in the Bronx.
But that's it. Another move by the Yankees to bolster a stronger, more competitive starting rotation.

And now, we are on our way.


Let me say for the record that it was a pleasure to watch Tyler Austin play in the Bronx.  He was exceptional and his journey was long and hard.  But that being said, that's what makes ballplayers, ballplayers and I will keep rooting for Tyler real hard.  Loved watching him play in New York and I will continue to watch him in Minnesota.  You hear that Kim?


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017