Tuesday, July 24, 2018

DL FOR SANCHEZ? I AIN'T BUYING IT


Photo: Getty Images
The Yankees can say it's a re-aggravated groin injury on big Gary Sanchez all they want. I don't believe it.

I believe it's a temporary vacation for a guy that doesn't play his position well, and received an avalanche of criticism because of it. It's an easy fix folks... say he's hurt, make him disappear and you really don't lose much with Romine behind the plate.  Bad press goes away and the Yanks can continue playing baseball.

And all the while, behind the scenes a constant reminder to Gary that he is in "time-out" to reset and to let him know that the future looks bright with him as their starting catcher... but he's really have to want it.


Look this is my demented mind playing tricks, but I don't care what anyone says... that's the first thing I thought of when the whole, "Sanchez, back to the DL" broke today.   AP writes:

"...Sanchez was put back on the 10-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained right groin, a day after failing to hustle on a pair of key plays in a 7-6 loss to Tampa Bay... 

'We had an MRI yesterday and it showed the same injury, same spot, same location,' Sanchez said through a translator. 

'So, re-aggravated the injury.' 

Sanchez offered no timetable for when he might return. 

After Monday night's game, Sanchez said that the groin issues were 'definitely behind me' and that 'it's about doing a better job overall.' 

'Being tight in a certain part of your body, I'm used to that,' Sanchez said. 'You keep playing and eventually they go away. I mentioned it after the game it felt a little tight.'"


Photo: Getty Pages
And that is why I'm suspicious.  Groin injuries behind him? Nah.  'You keep playing and eventually they go away?"?  Interesting... he's not.

Look, it may be on the level and that's fine. I'm not trying to be some detective and solve the crime and I certainly don't want to be the "called it" guy. I'm just saying... hey... maybe it's time for a Sanchez reset and maybe that's what the Yanks are looking to do.  That's all.

Right or wrong about my theory, I don't care.  I do think the timing is incredibly interesting though.

Let well soon Gary.  wink... wink.


Shop for BYB Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017