Tuesday, June 19, 2018

WONDERING IF FRAZIER & DRURY WILL BE TRADED


I feel like Clint Frazier is the Rod Refsnyder of this team this year.  Not because of talent level or anything like that.  I just feel like Frazier is a player without a home and the Yankees need a pitcher. And so... wouldn't it make sense to let him go to get one?

I don't want to do that, trust me, I like Clint. I want him in the Bronx.  But I've seen this movie before when it comes to the Yankees... and I feel like it's coming.

Photo: NJ.com
When it comes to Brandon Drury... trade him.  Do whatever you need to do and get rid of him. Yes, I see the potential talent. Yes, he can be good for the Yankees. But we have mad depth and he can also be good for another team, and so I say it again... trade him.  Find a pitcher... do it. We'll be happy when we do.  If I had to choose between the 2.... I'd hold onto Frazier tight, because he's the Yankees future... but I'd get rid of Drury.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes this:

Photo: New York Post
"'No question, you can’t keep them all,' Brian Cashman said. 'You have to constantly manage your roster and you don’t just want to lose someone in the Rule 5 draft. Another team will take the talent out of you and you might never see it again. You either make the best trades you can or you run a real risk of losing them for nothing.'... 

The Yankees also had 13 players they had traded among the top-30 prospects of other organizations (via MLB Pipeline). Some would not have made the Yankees’ top 30. One team’s organizational depth is another’s gem. Taylor Widener was ranked the Yankees’ 14th-best prospect when he was part of the offseason trade for Brandon Drury. He is fourth with Arizona....


Drury (.999) and Clint Frazier (.947) rank 1-2 in the International League in OPS (minimum 160 plate appearances). They are essentially major leaguers who are blocked with the Yankees and thus viable trade candidates over the next few weeks. This is quite different from most of Cashman’s two-plus decades as Yankees GM, when they were top-heavy but lacking in organizational depth."

Look, whatever the case, it's going to be an interesting summer, whether these are the guys that are shipped out of not. I do know this, as Sherman wrote.... the Mariners are coming to town, and the Yankees and Mariners have a great relationship when it comes to trades.  I'd be curious to see what they discuss this week.

Stay tuned.


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017