Tuesday, May 8, 2018

ROOTING FOR CLINT FRAZIER

Source: Elsa/Getty Images North America
On April 26th, Clint Frazier started playing in rehab games for Tampa. Last week, he was re-assigned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes Barre.  The question... when will Frazier, if at all, return to the big show.

According to this great piece found on NJ.com, Frazier wants to make it back ASAP.

"Clint Frazier wants to be back with the Yankees as soon as possible, though it's unclear how he'd fit.
Source: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images North America
'I'm just trying to get things back in the groove and hopefully things come around pretty quickly and I can get back up there as fast as I can,' Frazier said Tuesday.'"

Look, I get it. What player doesn't want to make it to the Bigs. After all, Clint had a taste of it and he wants more. The main question here, as stated in the article, where does he fit? I know right there's no place for the man.  And it stinks, because we all want him up.  But much like Rob Refsnyder, while talented, he's a man without a spot. You gotta wonder if trading Frazier is in his future... I mean, right?

Photo: Time
Thank God I'm not Brian Cashman and have to make this decision. Look, I like Clint Frazier and the energy he brings to the team. I hope they keep him, but with the wealth of outfielders the Yankees currently... I mean come on. Aaron Judge isn't going anywhere.

Photo: New York Times
I don't see them trading Aaron Hicks or Giancarlo Stanton, and while Brett Gardner might be on his last legs in New York with this current big time slump, I still don't see anything happening here until next year when it comes to Red Thunder and even then, the Yankees have Estevan Florial waiting in the wings who the Yankees have deemed untouchable.

Photo: Times Leader
Root for Frazier, folks. I know I am, but I'm worried we won't see him in pinstripes. Best of luck to him though. As great as the Yankees are with what they already have, fitting Frazier's square peg into their round hole will be tricky.




--Michael Carnesi
BYB Junior Writer
Twitter: @sevn4evr




American Eagle



1 comment:

  1. I like Frazier over Hicks, I like Frazier over Gardy and I like Gardy over Hicks.
    I would love to have Frazier in the lineup right now , he brings energy and thunder in a bat.
    I am rooting for Hicks , Ellsbury and Walker to just go away.
    Gardy assest is running and if he is not going to run it is Red Thunder time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017