Friday, April 6, 2018

PANIC OVER THE PEN? TRUST BOONE

Andrew Savulich/TNS
I don't like what I'm seeing, but I'm sticking to my theory of a new manager, trying new things and the fact that it's April.  Many Yankee fans have a different theory. Maybe it's panic mode time. Maybe it's about getting things right, right now so we get into a groove.  I get it, believe me. I hate when there is uneasiness and when the Yankees lose. But I'm not getting crazy yet.

NJ.com has some about this, and a little Aaron Boone for your Friday morning...

"The typically reliable Green had entered to keep things close. Instead, he got smacked around -- something that's happened to the Yankees' bullpen far more often, and far earlier, than most expected. Green coughed up two runs in the Yankees' 5-2 loss to the Orioles at Yankee Stadium on Thursday night...

Photo: Kathy Willens / AP
Is Boone worried?

'I'm not because I'm not seeing any downtick in the stuff,' he said after the loss. 'I just think they've gotten us a couple of times. No. I'm not concerned about it. There's no red flags to me as far as drop in stuff or where you might think guys might be at this time of the year. I feel like, for the most part, they have been pretty well rested and on regular kind of in the regular mode. I think it's just a matter of settling into the season but no red flags for me stuff-wise.'"

And there are those words... 'matter of settling into the season'.  I can't believe it, but I'm agreeing with Aaron Boone.

Photo: Getty Images
David Robertson the other night? Settling in.

Chad Green... settling in.   We will figure it out. It's about rhythm... something we are still working out.

Trust in Boone... for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017