Tuesday, January 9, 2018

CITO CULVER SNAGS THE PERFECT GIG!

ADRIAN KRAUS
If you didn't know it,  Cito Culver was still with the Yankees in their minor league system.  He was a shortstop when it all started for him and recently had become a utility man for Scranton Wilkes-Barre. But now, his career as a Yankee minor leaguer is over.  He just signed a deal with... wait for it... the Miami Marlins.

The Times-Leader writes this:

ADRIAN KRAUS
 "The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders uber-utility man, and former New York Yankees first-round selection, announced on his Instagram account on Tuesday that he had signed with the Miami Marlins. Culver joins an familiar face with the Marlins. Gary Denbo left the New York Yankees and his post as vice president of player development in October for a similar role with the Miami.

'I want to say thank you to the New York Yankees for believing in a young kid from upstate New York and giving me a chance to follow my dreams! I will forever be grateful for the opportunity they gave me,' Culver wrote. 'With that being said I’m really excited for a new chapter in my life with the Miami Marlins!!! Looking forward to the opportunity to grow with this organization. Extremely humbled to be able to continue following my dreams!! Let’s go!!!!! #miamimarlins #newchapter.'”


ADRIAN KRAUS
I have loosely known Cito since the beginning of his Yankee career and we even interviewed him here at BYB.  Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CITO CULVER for more on him. We interviewed him in 2013.  No one worked harder, no one was more excited to play baseball for the Yankees... and he is such a great kid.

Bottom line, breaking into the Yankees is hard, and now Culver has a big opportunity with a rebuilding Marlins team.  It's gonna be cool for him.  I tip my cap to Jeter and company over at the Marlins on their pick up.  Nice move, Cap.

Good luck to Cito. Sincerely.  A great kid and a ton of heart and potential!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017