Saturday, December 9, 2017

STANTON SWEEPSTAKES INSANITY

Source: Matt Hazlett/Getty Images North America
It's been unbelievable.  I'm hearing progress is being made.  I'm hearing it's 'virtually done' by baseball insiders, and I am happy to say that I have a source too these days.  Am I an insider? Never claimed to be, but man it's fun to see all the banter and give my thoughts and my findings.  I just got off text with my guy who's pretty much been up all night, even when I went to bed, and this is my first text of the day in relation to this possible 'Stanton to the Yankees' deal:

Now word of caution. The names you read may not ultimately be the names dealt. Furthermore... the Yankees aren't giving away 15 guys for Giancarlo Stanton, that would be weird and bad negotiation.

Thirdly... All indications are Starlin Castro is definitely part of this deal and pretty much the main name since the get-go. It doesn't appear that anything has changed on that front.

Source: Elsa/Getty Images North America
And finally... prospects.  I know, you don't want to hear it, but I can tell you that the name Miguel Andujar was mentioned to me at least twice as a player that was either interested in by the Marlins, or floated by the Yankees.  Can't confirm 100%, but I'm putting it out there pretty much to show just how insane this whole thing has been.  I have also been told that "some prospect talk" has happened... lower level is what is being hinted to me.  I don't know what that means.

Source: Mark Brown/Getty Images North America
My thoughts on all of this is simple;  For 1... we don't need Giancarlo Stanton.  We just don't. But the Yankees and Marlins will now be forever connected with Jeter at the helm.

Also, there's a true respect here between the two teams.  No team is going to try and swindle the other, and that's why if this trade can be worked out, it will be fair and respectful to both teams. Cash and Jeet want this to work.  Giancarlo has a strong urge to come to New York.  But it's like a combination puzzle. 

Photo: Getty Images
Cashman has to worry about luxury tax, worry about not giving up too much, yet that he's collected over the last 2 years, but enough where Jeter is satisfied and doesn't feel robbed.  I think that's why a guy like Jacoby Ellsbury may be off the table. I think that's why the names are constantly changing.

And there's another component.  The LA Dodgers are NOT out of it by any means.  Stanton is from Cali and has no problem going there.  The Dodgers have the pieces to move for Stanton, so don't count them out.  But right now, it's the Yankees and Marlins talking closely and often.

I urge you all to stay patient, be respectful to each other as these rumors fly, and understand that in this whole 'insider' garbage, there is a system of news gathering.  It's not perfect by any means, and I'm learning that quickly and have some sympathy for the Olneys and Heymans of the world today... this is tough to nail down.  But I am merely suggesting... be cautious what you read, be respectful as to what's coming out, and if you're a Yankee fan who wants Stanton... keep your fingers crossed...

Photo: Getty Images
Finally, I say this... what I am gathering is just like every other insider. The difference is I'm not trying to be right here.  What I mean is, I'm trying to provide you the info I am getting, and letting you react.  I am NOT trying to be first and I am not a professional insider to be 100% right with the info I provide.  I'm doing the best I can with the resources I have, and with the lack of experience I'm offering in this realm. That being said... it's damn exciting...

This could be big.


Shop BYB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017