Wednesday, November 1, 2017

AROD & A NEW YANKEE ROLE IS COMING...

Photo: Getty Images
I mean, that's what it seems like if you read what Hal Steinbrenner said.  I'll let the New York Post go on this one... it's interesting.

"Steinbrenner said he intends to discuss Rodriguez’s plans with him for next season and wouldn’t rule out having him stay with the Yankees.

'Haven’t talked to him yet about his plans for next year. … Family, broadcasting, etc.,' Steinbrenner said in an email on Wednesday. 'I will though. He seems to really enjoy working with our young players. And … we have plenty of them in the system coming up. As well as on the Varsity club.’"

Photo: Reuters
I always get a kick out of the ARod saga. I mean the Yankees wanted him, he signed that huge contract, he had glimmers of success in pinstripes, got in trouble for PEDs, was hated by everybody, apologized, got banned for a year, came back, was pretty much forced to retire and went to date J.Lo and be on the FOX Sports broadcasts. 

Photo: Getty Images
He's great at it by the way.

Now... suddenly the Yankees are interested in bringing him back at a new Yankee role? Look, I love the idea. I just wonder what the haters are gonna say.  You know... I'm sure they all think he tainted the pinstripes or something.  I do find the story interesting though, and I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see him hanging around. I know he would really help the kids out.  It would be cool.

Anyway, interesting stuff.  Carry on.


2 Ways 2 Shop at SteinerSports.com This November! Save on 100 New Doorbuster Deals Each Day or Take 35% Off Full-Priced Items with code THANKS35.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017