Sunday, September 3, 2017

GET GLASSES, BILLY!

What a great nugget!
Photo: Jason Farmer/Staff Photographer
I was just reading the Times-Tribune about minor leaguer Billy McKinney.  I love this story. Check it out:

"McKinney visited an eye doctor, and while his vision was still good, they suggested glasses would definitely help.

'Especially playing baseball,' McKinney said, 'just get myself the best advantage as possible.'


Photo: NJ.com
He got a tester pair of glasses he could wear in games that would help him with distance. The plan was to work them in a little bit and go from there.

Sitting in the dugout one day, McKinney and teammate Kyle Higashioka tested each other by trying to read signs in the outfield.

'He could read everything,' McKinney said. 'It was incredible...That’s where I started to notice I needed to wear them a little more..'"


(Martin Griff/Pinstriped Prospects)
Your eye sight is one of the most important parts of baseball... not just for reading, but for seeing the baseball... obviously.

I just love this nugget and I want to see big success from McKinney. Remember he was one of the guys that came over in that trade that sent Aroldis Chapman to the Cubs. We got Gleyber Torres too.

Get glasses! Great nugget, great job by the Times-Tribune!

I love these stories!



Enjoy your Sunday.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017