Saturday, June 24, 2017

HEADLEY WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!

Photo: AP
I hate ranking on my New York Yankees... but I am so happy that Ronald Torreyes got the winning hit last night to get the Yanks a nice 2-1 extra inning win.  (Here's the "hating on my" part).... But I gotta tell you something... thinking through that at bat from Torreyes last night... I'm not so sure Headley would have done that.  I love Torreyes and how scrappy he is.  It's kind of bad ass.

FOX Sports has this nugget:

"...After midnight, Ronald Torreyes lined an RBI single with two outs in the 10th inning that sent the New York Yankees over the Texas Rangers 2-1 on Friday night for just their second win in 10 games.

Photo: Getty Images
”Super happy to be able to get a hit,” Torreyes said through a translator. ”Super happy for the outcome."

If Headley was in the line up? You gotta wonder.

Glad that worked out for Torreyes! Nice win, Yanks!



Shop for BYB Gear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017