Friday, May 5, 2017

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP...

David Banks/USA Today Sports, via Reuters
How do they continue to do it? What is in the water in the Bronx? How does this team keep winning? It's unbelievably wonderful in every way!

I'm late to this because life calls... but I just had to put this on paper... er... or computer before I hit the sack. 

Photo: Getty Images
With 2 outs and 2 strikes on Brett Gardner in the 9th inning today in Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs were stung, big time!

The Yankees were down 2-0, and Brett Gardner came to the plate with both Jacoby Ellsbury and Chase Headley on base.  At that 2 strike mark, I was ready to shut it off... but I hesitated, almost like I expected a win from this club. And then it happened... a 3 run homer and the Yankees were on top.

(May 4, 2017 - Source: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images North America)    
In that bottom of the 9th, it was Aroldis Chapman to close it out... and just like that, another win, another wonderful and amazing win!

I can't say much more, it was outstanding. I mean honestly, you can't make this stuff up!

Go Yanks!

Final: Yankees 3 - Cubs 2






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017