Friday, May 19, 2017

WHEN CASTRO BLOSSOMS...

(May 15, 2017 - Source: Brian Davidson/Getty Images North America)
I am a fan of Starlin Castro.  Now look, and I'm being honest here... I am a BIG fan of Brendan Ryan, personally just as much as athlete-wise and I was disappointed when the Yanks let him go to Chicago and Castro came over. Partly because I appreciated that he was so versatile, and I like chatting with he and his wife Sharyn. (Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: BRENDAN & SHARYN RYAN).  But now that that chapter is closed, the new chapter is Starlin Castro at second base... and I'll take it.  He's the tits.

(May 13, 2017 - Source: Rich Schultz/Getty Images North America)    
Great piece on FOX Sports about Castro and I wanted to share some of it with you. He's really breaking out now, and it's been an exciting season:

Photo: Getty Images

"In his first season in pinstripes, Castro hit .270 with 21 homers and 70 RBI. This year, the now 27-year-old is entering his prime, and his production has exploded. He is currently hitting for a .351/.387/.545 slash line with seven homers, 26 RBI, 29 runs scored and nine doubles..."

And if he can stay hot, in the end he will be worth the price paid to get him.  That being said though...


Who misses this guy?

Me... and he even pitches.

Photo: MLB.com
Oh well.

Hi B and Sharyn!


Touch by AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017