Tuesday, March 7, 2017

THE SABATHIA-WADE SHOW

Photos: Getty Images
I'm not gonna get into a big thing about today's game. I was merely curious about 1 thing today. How would my man CC Sabathia do? The answer? He was great, and that makes me happy because I feel as though this could be a major season for the big lug. I want him to go out a leader on this club, and I know for him, he wants to keep pitching, be it with the Yankees, maybe in a year to year thing, or with another club.


As Bryan Hoch and Corey Long write: "CC Sabathia logged a solid Grapefruit League debut and the Rays hit three homers before the Yankees prevailed, 7-6, in 10 innings on Tuesday at George M. Steinbrenner Field.

Sabathia worked two scoreless innings in his first spring start, scattering two hits and a walk. Sabathia stranded the bases loaded in the first inning, then worked a perfect second inning..."

He needed that.

Photo: USA Today Sports
The Wade part of this headline is Tyler Wade and that's how we won the thing today against the Rays. NJ.com has this nugget to the win right here:

"Wade's walk-off single gave the Yankees a 7-6 win over the Rays in the 10th inning at George M. Steinbrenner Field on Tuesday. Pete Kozma scored the winning run."

That's the Yanks 10th Spring win I believe.  Not too shabby. I honestly don't remember the last time this club has done anything like this in the Spring, but I gotta tell ya... I like it. I like it a lot.

Final: Yankees 7 - Rays 6








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017