Wednesday, March 8, 2017

STRUGGLING SEVERINO

Is Sevy a dud?

Photo: Aug. 13, 2016 - Source: Rich Schultz/Getty Images North America
Not a bad question.  I mean, I don't think he is, but I will tell you this... he's gotta get it under control or the dude's gonna be back in Scranton this season.  He's struggling!

The New York Daily News writes:


"Joe Girardi is still looking for someone to emerge in the five-man competition for the final two spots in the Yankees’ rotation. Luis Severino hasn’t taken advantage so far. Blame Canada. Blame Severino, too.

Severino’s poor fastball command cost him against Team Canada on Wednesday...

In two innings, he allowed two runs on four hits, walked one and struck out four. At least his changeup, which he’s been working on, was good..."

And so here we are with Opening day right around the corner and if I had to guess right this second, this guy doesn't have a spot on the starting rotation.  It could change, but there are gonna have to be things he needs to work on.

Photo: New York Daily News
I also need to tell you... I don't like seeing his emotion on the mound. He shows his cards, a sign of immaturity and it allows his opponent to get the best of him. Not a good thing. Trust me, you will have a short career if you are constantly pouting after a bad pitch or walk given up. He needs to get it together.

I have faith, but I wonder if emotionally this kid is ready.  We shall see. 

Good nugget Mike Mazzeo.


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017