Wednesday, February 8, 2017

TYLER CLIPPARD WILL PLAY ON TEAM USA

(Sept. 26, 2016 - Source: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images North America)
Love Tyler Clippard and I love the idea of playing on Team USA.  Tyler has that opportunity and will do it. Sweeny Murti tweeted this just a short time ago:
Now, I just got finished telling you in SANCHEZ PULLS OUT OF THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC that I worry about injury and when you are playing for a pro team, and you go off to play extra baseball, trust me, it's a risk.  But I have another thought about this being an American.

(Sept. 23, 2016 - Source: Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images North America)
I think if I was able to play as well as these guys and Team USA was asking me to play... I'd answer the call, much like Clippard.  Is it a contradiction to what I said this morning? Sure it is... but there's just something about being patriotic and all of that gets to me. I think I'd do it and roll the dice.

Here's the full USA roster.


God Bless America.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017