Monday, February 20, 2017

CLINT FRAZIER: PLAYING LIKE HIS HAIR'S ON FIRE!

Photo: Fred Adams | Times Leader
Over the years the Yankees have had a number of highly touted prospects. To me, though, there is just something about Clint Frazier that makes him stand out from the rest.

Every article I've read about this kid has left me very impressed. This article from the other day on NJ.com is no different. Here's a portion...

(Photo: Mike McCann/WFAN)
Clint Frazier, a big return in the Yankees' fire sale last summer, can't wait to meet the established veteran who has the starting job that figures to be his some day.... "I'm excited to meet Brett Gardner, a guy that I can probably learn some stuff from overall, and I want to see what he's got to help me out there in the outfield."...

Photo: Getty Images
That is something I love to hear from a major league hopeful. He knows where he stands in the organization and, what he needs to do to make it. And he's using all the tools around him to improve. The thing I think really sets him apart, though,... it's his personality. He's got charisma unlike other prospects we've seen over the years.  He knows he's good and can't wait to show the world just how good he is. I think this article from January on NorthJersey.Com proves as much...

“I play like my hair is on fire,” Frazier said. “It’s fiery, like my personality. It’s big hair, and I try to make my personality big. I think it represents me because it’s different, I’m different, it’s unique to who I am. It makes me one of a kind.’’

Photo: (Andrew Savulich/New York Daily News)
Hard work, dedication to the game... and playing hard like his hair's on fire! Love that!

Speaking of his hair, it seems as though Mr. Frazier has gotten a little chopped off. The Daily News wants to know if you think it meets Yankee standards. They literally wrote an article about it.  Are you killing? Well, I guess Joe Girardi does. I bet we all do...

(Randy Miller | NJ Advance Media)
Ladies and Gentleman, it's Spring Training and we are about to embark on a new season. It's time for Clint Frazier and the others to show us what they've got and what we've got to do to move forward.

Clint probably won't be on the Opening day roster but, as I've said many times... with this Yankee team, you never really know.

Good Luck Clint!



--Michael Carnesi
BYB Writer
Twitter: @sevn4evr







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017