Wednesday, August 17, 2016

CESSA FINALLY GETS THE NOD


I'm a fan of Luis Cessa.  Since the beginning of the season, I saw the potential he had and was excited to have him on our club.  For most of the season, he's been a bullpen guy, going down to the minors and coming up as much as the Yankees wanted him.  He's been a good solider, and all the while his skill has improved.  Well... he finally got the nod.  He is going to be apart of the starting rotation like Chad Green before him.  YESNetwork.com has the story:

"Cessa and Green will always be linked, in some regard, having been acquired together by the Yankees last December from the Tigers for Justin Wilson. They didn't meet until after the trade, and began fostering a relationship in Spring Training that blossomed at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this season...

But after years in the Minors, both are now in the Yankees' rotation, with Cessa set to make his first career start on Saturday against the Angels. It's an opportunity Cessa isn't taking for granted.


'I am really excited because it's my first start in the Majors,' Cessa said Tuesday afternoon. 'I'm working really hard to stay as a regular starter, maybe continue as a starter with the team. That is my goal right now.'"

And now we wait and see how it all plays out.  Whatever the case, I'm excited about this, more so than Chad Green... I'm not sure why, but I am.

In the end, I wish them both mad success.  It's the youth movement in the Bronx ladies and gentlemen... and I'm loving every minute of it!

http://bleedingyankeeblue.blogspot.com/p/store-not-working-yet.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017