Monday, July 11, 2016

STANTON WINS THE HOME RUN DERBY!

You gotta love the All-Star Game, and you gotta love the Home Run Derby.


I have to say, there were things I loved about tonight, and things that I didn't.  While I love the retro jersey, I never liked the Padres Jersey of the 1970's and so, seeing those hideous uniforms knock-offs for the Home Run Derby was one of the lower points... if there was one at all.

I don't love Chris Berman in the booth. I feel like it's over for him and no one told him.  It's stale and predictable at this point.  I will say this... I was impressed with Aaron Boone in the booth. Clearly a better announcer type guy than player and I enjoyed listening to him tonight.


I liked that Robinson Cano only had 7 homers.  I liked that T-Mobile doubled the amount of money for MLB Charities... $582,000 tonight. That's huge. I also liked seeing Giancarlo Stanton and Todd Frazier face off.


Most of all, as much as I would have loved to have seen Todd Frazier win, a New Jersey guy... seeing Stanton win with 61 total home runs was totally great. The dude's strong as hell, and it was very impressive.


But finally... the best part about tonight was watching the derby with my 13 year old son.  I loved that he knew all the players, knew all the stats, broke down the hitters mechanics with me and enjoyed watching great home runs. It was family time...and I loved every minute of it.

Congrats to Stanton. Job Well Done! Looking forward to the All-Star game tomorrow night.


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017