Tuesday, June 7, 2016

TWO FOR THE YANKEES


The win tonight was big because of many factors. Michael Pineda pitched pretty damn well.  The Yankees hitting complimented the Yankee pitching, and now, it appears that we are inching closer to .500.  And it's June 7th.

Look, it's nice... winning always is, but I can't get overly excited about this team.  I LOVE my Yankees, but I'm not feeling that they can pull this off just yet. Sorry to the diehards, I know I disappointed you. I just don't want to get ahead of myself.


Pineda went 7 innings giving up 4 hits and 3 runs tonight.  The only time he really got into any trouble was in the 5th when the Angels looked like they were on a comeback.  But it ended there.  Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller did their job and Miller ended up closing the door for his 7th save. Chapman had the night off.


The Yankee run scoring went like this:


In the first, Carlos Beltran hit a 2 run home run. Rob Refsnyder scored. Then Austin Romine knocked in another run on a single.

In the bottom of the 2nd, Ref sacrificed home a run.

In the 3rd, it was Starlin Castro homering.  That was a solo shot. In the 7th, ARod singled home Brett Gardner.

Those would be your 6.


Oh, and I'm about to make a statement... I like the way Rob Refsnyder looks and plays 1st base the last few games. He looks comfortable... it just seems right.  Now look, I know it's not the guy's spot and the Yankees will ultimately ruin this guy moving him all over creation to plug holes, but I believe that he can adapt this season because I have no faith in Mark Teixeira coming back healthy.

Whatever the case, Yankees won... and I'm going the hell to bed.

Final: Yankees 6 - Angels 3


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE


Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017