Thursday, June 16, 2016

ICHIRO GOES BIG & THAT MAKES ME QUITE HAPPY


I love Pete Rose. I also love Ichiro Suzuki.  Yesterday, history in baseball was made once again.

Now look, Pete Rose has 4,256 hits in his Major League career.  In Ichiro's professional baseball career, combining Japan and US play, Ichiro has tied him. No question in his next game, Ichiro will pass Rose.


But not only that, if you don't feel like counting Japan hits, Hardball Talk writes: "As far as his MLB-only hit total goes, today’s was number 2,978 in his career, leaving him 22 shy of joining the 3,000 hit club. He’ll soon be the 30th member of the 3,000-hit club and he could realistically pass Lou Brock (3,023) for 25th all-time. Alex Rodriguez is the current active leader with 3,098."

Now it is my feeling that you can't discount this man's career and all he's done in baseball.  There is no question that while he is a Golden God in Japan, he's an icon in baseball here.  My oldest son idolizes the man.


I find him truly an unbelievable player and while the Yankees didn't know they would be sucking the life out of Yankee fans this season.... if Ichiro was in pinstripes, for me at least... this would have been a pleasant distraction to the lousy Yankee season, not to mention, a money maker for the club.


Whatever the case, I'm thrilled Ichiro found new life in Miami and I'm glad he's still hitting.  Yes, Pete Rose is one of my favorite hitters and players of all time, this is true, but I really do love Ichiro.

He's a constant in this game, be it Japan and the USA, and I tip my cap on a job well done.



Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue.  
Please shop at the BYB store
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu  
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!  
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017