Sunday, May 1, 2016

WHY ARE RED SOX FANS' CARS SO DIRTY?


I think maybe I think too much.  But, hey, I am a Yankee fan and I have to be thinking about better days.  As Bob Costas eloquently said calling the Sox-Yankee game on MLB Network last night, "The Yankees can't get any worse than they are right now.  They're in the basement of the AL East."  Thanks, Bob, we know. Besides hoping this Yankee losing nightmare ends soon, I have been contemplating something equally perplexing, at least to me as a Yankee fan who despises Boston Red Sox fans, especially when they drive their cars into my state.  So here is my question and I preface this by saying, I am bitter and I am angry.  Why are Red Sox fans' cars so dirty?  I mean, don't they have car washes in Massachusetts? Every car adorned with a Red Sox logo of some sort that has passed me either while I am running or in my car driving this week has been absolutely filthy.


Now some may say that my judgment is a little clouded because the Yankees are terrible right now and the Sox are in second place in AL East.  But I say no.  I see the cars, they are covered in dirt and they have Red Sox stickers littered all over them.  


Maybe it's the decals that actually make me sick.  I mean maybe I see dirty cars and then I see the Red Sox logo and I deduce that Sox fans don't wash their cars.  I don't know.  But I do know this.  It's only May 1st and I am completely and utterly frustrated with the Yankees that even the sight of a car with a Red Sox logo puts me over the edge.  I mean it's crazy, but it's true.


You have heard me rant about Red Sox fans with tattoos sitting next to me at Kenny Chesney concerts and people wearing Boston apparel at the shore.  These things annoy me for sure.  But this week, I had had enough.  Ugly cars, covered in dirt/Red Sox logos, in plain sight, are too much for me to endure along with the heart ache of losing game after game because no one bothered to consider that everyone else in the AL East beefed up their starting lineups this year but us.  Starlin Castro, although a nice addition to our team, is not beefing up the offense.  


So, it's no wonder that I am aggravated.  And things like Red Sox logos and dirty cars are getting to me because the Yankees just aren't doing what they need to in order to remain competitive.  Perhaps, I will be able to see clearer and tolerate more once the Yankees start winning.  But for now, if you have a car with a Red Sox logo, please stay out of New York and New Jersey.  I can't stand the look of you!



--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist
Twitter: @suzieprof





Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue.
Please shop at the BYB store!
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

1 comment:

  1. If their cars are dirty, it makes one wonder if they change their red socks every day?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017