Sunday, May 15, 2016

OH THANK GOODNESS!


I feel like I can breathe again.  I have been underwater since early April and I have finally come up for air.  I realize we are still in last place, but I feel something very soothing and airy down in the basement.  I feel hope.  Our bats have woken up.  The bull pen is alive with fast balls.  And the pitching rotation seems to be working.  Oh Thank Goodness!  I feel alive again.


This spring has brought with it a curse for the New York Yankees.  Some say it is the curse of veterans and others say it's just quiet bats and an over paid group of wash ups.  I have felt many of these same things, until... I saw them play Boston, Kansas City and the Chicago White Sox this past 10 or so days.  I have renewed confidence and it feels good.


"After Nova, the Yankees' vaunted bullpen trio of Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman took over, striking out eight batters and allowing just one hit in 3 1/3 innings of scoreless work. Chapman secured his second save of the season and also threw four of the 10 fastest pitches that Statcast™ has recorded in 2016, including the top two (102.49 and 102.38 mph),"  reported YES. That sounds so nice.  I am so grateful to have something to look forward to this spring.


I don't watch much television.  I don't binge on Netflix or HBO.  I don't do Dancing with the Stars. And lately, the Yankees felt like a series ready to be canceled.  But now, I feel like we have a hit show that is turning everyone's heads.  We have speed both on the base paths and from the hill.  Oh Thank Goodness.


"I've been waiting for it," Betances said of the three getting to pitch on the same day. "I obviously want to be out there whenever we're winning. I want to go out there and help the team win. Today was the first time we were all out there and it just shows what we can do," according to YES.  And I say Oh Thank Goodness.  The best TV show in town is back in business.  I am just glad I held out for something more from the Yankees who have the track record of 27 World Championships.  Not giving up just yet.



 --Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist
Twitter: @suzieprof







Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue.
Please shop at the BYB store!
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017