Thursday, May 19, 2016

CAN DAVID ORTIZ PLEASE RETIRE RIGHT NOW?


I'm not sure what I'm more annoyed about, David Ortiz and his fat mouth or Randy Miller of NJ.com wasting my time with his piece Red Sox slugger David Ortiz: Don't hate me because 'you sucked' in Little League.


In the piece, Miller reminds us of why Yankee fans hate facing him, and with good reason, he's a Yankee killer. But that's not the reason I don't like the guy. I don't like him because he believes his own hype, is protected by guys like Bug Selig while many other ballplayers face the punishment of PEDs.  Yes, I understand Ortiz most likely took PEDs and was on a list BEFORE PEDs were banned in Major League baseball, but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that he was on a list of alleged use.  So spare me that there's no proof.  If there's a list, he dabbled.

But it's stuff like this that I just don't get. He talks... and talks and talks about stuff like we're supposed to understand what it means and what he's even talking about:


"So I'm looking through the comments, and right away there are people making negative comments about myself... To me, that's OK, because that's how the human race is. That's how we are built up. You're not going to make everyone happy.... 

We have a lot of people hating. They hate because of the money that you make. They hate because of who you are. There's a lot of directions, a lot of different ways to hate. Sometimes they hate because you are overrated. It's [expletive] crazy. It's crazy. It's crazy. And like I always say, don't be mad at me because your dad didn't take you to the baseball field as a kid. Or he probably took you and you sucked. Don't get mad at me for that. It ain't my fault.'"

Papi, it's "It isn't my fault". Who says 'ain't'? Mumble mouth.

I'm sorry. I don't get it. What the heck is Papi trying to say? People hate him and they shouldn't? Is it that he's a good hitter and anyone that didn't go pro probably sucked as a ballplayer? I mean, I know my dad was out there with me on the field all the time. Why is this so dense for me to understand?  


David Ortiz acts like the victim, and he's not.  He's annoying.  He is not iconic, he is not the greatest athlete of our time and he sure as well isn't the equivalent of a Derek Jeter.  


David Ortiz was a great DH that couldn't field a lick.  Baseball's about the complete player.  David Ortiz is not that.

So shut up Papi.  You're inside you're own head, you're ego is out of control and you think you're untouchable.  


Where the hell's Rougned Odor when you need him...

Be Read. Get Known.


Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017