Friday, April 8, 2016

YANKEE LOSS & A TALE OF 2 OUTFIELDERS


The Yankees didn't do much today and some days, that's expected.  Teams have hot streaks, team lose games. That's life. The season is early... and the Tigers aren't slouches. We need to move on.


Let's start with Luis Severino.  I gotta tell you, I like to watch him pitch. He's a talented dude. Today he went 5 innings, gave up 10 hits and 3 runs. He struck out 5.  You know what?  First outing out, he made a few mistakes, but nothing terrible. He gave up alot of hits, but first outing, hey, I can live with it.  The bottom line is the Yankees could not hit Zimmermann and company.


I'm not gonna lie, I'm a fan of Luis Cessa and I see big things for this guy.  In fact, I'm gonna try and get an interview with him for BYB. I'll even tweet him this article.  I see potential. I see a gamer. I'm just psyched he's on the Yanks.  Today wasn't outstanding but things will get better...2 innings pitched, he gave up 2 hits, 1 run and struck out 2.

The Yankees scored nada.  They had 3 hits total.  


I loved seeing Aaron Hicks in the Yankee outfield and tweeted about it today.
The guy is 100% what the Yankees need out there.  There's youth, there's life and it was such a breath of fresh air.  Two nice dying catches.  Then there was Jacoby Ellsbury who let a ball fall right in front of him as it looked like he was circling around it to make the catch. 
Sure, say the ball had a tail on it, I don't care, you make alot of money to man the Yankees centerfield.  You need to catch that. 

Now look, I believe that Jacoby Ellsbury is the most talented guy in the field on any day, but it's sad that the stigma of big money contracts and "often injury" follows this guy wherever he goes. 


I'm gonna ride Ellsburry this season.  I can feel it in my bones.  That's because Yankee fans are frustrated with this guy.  We want to see him break out in pinstripes BIG TIME.  The time is now.

Overall, not a great game by the Yankees. But it's early.  Bottom line, forget about this loss. Learn from it... we will come back with a win tomorrow.

Final: Tigers 4 - Yankees 0



Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017