Tuesday, April 26, 2016

THANKS FOR THE APOLOGY


We wrote a piece here on Bleeding Yankee Blue last week about an A-hole who called me the N-word.  And it was weird and it was uncomfortable and they were ripping my product,  a product I put out back in September 2010 by myself and along the way, we built a mini-empire of incredible writers and an even more wonderful audience that reads #BYB every single day.  The piece was called NO A-HOLE, I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A YANKEE.  I'm not going to rehash what was said to me, because at this point it's old hat.  There's also a significant development.  I received this note from the same individual last night.
"Bro you have turned me into a BYB reader! im sorry about that email i sent you. yall do good stuff and just had to be straight now."
Now look, the power of the pen is an incredible thing and not only that, there's a lesson here;  You gotta read.

That means, people see headlines all the time, and they rarely read articles and so, BYB readers will get blasted for a piece they slave over and we're blasted because of the headline and not the actual article.  Remember, the headline gets the audience in the door.  We are hoping that when you see the headline, you think, "Well, I've love to learn more about that" or "Interesting, what's this about?" and they read it and comment and maybe we have a banter on social media.  That's how it works... or, that's how it's supposed to work.

Couple that with the hate that we receive and me making sure everyone knows about it.  I was told by loyal BYB readers, "Don't let that stuff get to you, keep doing what you guys do at BYB" and "Ignore the haters".

Well, this is all true, but the power of the pen always wins.  First off, I put my feelings into 98% of what I write here and so, if I'm feeling attacked, you're gonna know about it. Remember, BYB is built on emotion.  That's why I let you all know what was said or written to me, especially if it pisses me off.  In the end,  it's not embarrassing to me... the reality was, it was embarrassing to that individual.

Look, I just wanted to share that note I received this morning.  What it means to you is there's progress.  We just got another reader.  And if it means I have to go one by one to gain audience, so be it... that's important to me.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest.

Hey, if you love BYB, share this piece and be sure to check out the BYB store and buy something!


Just click HERE and shop away!

Thank you all for your support. Thank you for being terrific and loyal readers.

And to that person who had a change of heart. Thanks for your honesty and thanks for crossing the street.  I think you'll like it here.  I know several folks that do.



Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017