Tuesday, April 19, 2016

GIVE IT AWAY, GIVE IT AWAY, GIVE IT AWAY NOW


I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I have all their albums, I love their sound, I always have.  One of my favorite albums is 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik'. And on that album, Give it Away was a huge hit.  So much so that when the Yankees blew the game tonight and the A's won... that song popped in my damn head... and I became freaking aggravated and threw the throw pillow at the TV!



We waste too many opportunities.  This Yankee team is frustrating.  I was excited at the very beginning of the season because I thought the Yankees had cracked the code of being aggressive at the plate, but we're just more of the same when it comes to lack of run support in 2016.  It's absolutely mind boggling to me.


Michael Pineda was great.  6 innings pitched.  Allowed 7 hits but just 2 runs.  It was his best outing of the season.  But the Yankees just could not score runs!  I mean, we tried, but we didn't do too well.


In the first, ARod singled and Beltran scored.  OK, nice. But the A's came back to tie it up in the 2nd.

Then, in the 5th, Carlos Beltran sacrificed home Brett Gardner.  But again, the A's scored in the next inning.

Then, knotted at 2, in the 11th, the A's scored on an RBI single.  The Yankees? We did 'Ugats'.

Look, at one point I tweeted this tonight because it was just so damn frustrating:
Yanks need to start hitting. But more than that... they need to start scoring runs! We can't have this happen again in 2016... we're better than this. Aren't we?

Final: Athletics 3 - Yankees 2

Bernie Williams and His All-Star Band LIVE in NYC! From center field to center stage on April 30th, prices from $99.99.

Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017