Thursday, February 25, 2016

DON'T FORGET ABOUT BRETT GARDNER'S WRIST JOB!


Now that I got your attention, I was reading the great Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record who's down in Tampa with the Yankees and he had some tweets about Brett Gardner today.  Check them out:

Yup, it was something that I totally forgot about. Sue me, I'm busy, things escape me.  That's why I read Pete Caldera... like... all the time!


If you didn't remember, Gardy has had that wrist injury since October.  The New York Post writes:

"A lingering problem with Brett Gardner’s left wrist is the first ailment in Yankees camp.

Gardner, who wasn’t on the batting practice list for Thursday’s initial full-squad workout at George M. Steinbrenner Field, is being monitored for a bone bruise that he suffered Oct. 6 bracing himself making a catch at the wall against the Astros in a 3-0 AL wild-card loss at Yankee Stadium."


Now look, Gardy needs to get healthy and he needs to be productive or it's over for this guy in the Bronx. That's my opinion of course.  The Yankees were looking to unload him while value was high, but with that wrist, how high could it have possibly been? Anyway, the best news I've seen was what Caldera said, Gardy hopes to take BP 'in the next week or so.'  Good.

Thanks for the nugget Pete!

25% OFF Sitewide at SteinerSports.com with code ALMOSTSPRING. Ends 2/28 midnight.

 
Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017