Sunday, January 24, 2016

STORM OF THE CENTURY!


Yesterday was a rough day.  First off, you do NOT want to be in a house with a bunch of kids and a bad storm outside. I don't care if it's snow and it's fun and your kids are cute.  In close quarters, with 1 video game console... NOTHING IS CUTE!


Then, when they do decide to venture outside, they come in 10 minutes later and peel off a pile of wet clothes in the garage and the kids start tracking snow into the house.


Yes, they are trying to keep themselves entertained, but I was just not in the mood.  Between no power and the winds whipping around, I'll tell ya, my true colors started to come out.  I absolutely HATE the snow. I hate the cold.  I think I was supposed to be a person who lived on an island somewhere.

Maybe Florida... maybe Puerto Rico, Jamaica... someplace warm.  My mind wondered... Why did those Jamacians form that bobsled team again? That was stupid.  Why would they leave the warmth?


To be honest, I don't know how I've lived on the East coast all my life.  The snow's annoying. I don't belong anywhere where there's snow. I like warm weather, sun, beach and a baseball field, preferably coaching on it.  That's just me.


There were safety concerns out there, and that's terrible.  In this day and age, you don't want to hear that people are out of power for 48 hours.  It's just horrible to think about, especially in this bitter cold.  And here's the worst part.  I am getting my winter clothes on now, going outside, cleaning off my cars and starting to shovel... a project that will take me nearly 2 to 3 hours to do. Did I mention I wanted to move to an island somewhere?


Here's the good news. Opening day is just about here.  When baseball comes, the thaw comes and finally we can all relax and watch a Yankees baseball game with a newly improved club.  I'm excited to see what Aroldis Chapman can do.


I'm excited to know that Brett Gardner will be with us for another year, although I am convinced he'll be traded at the deadline.


And you know what? I think our rotation will do just fine.  It's exciting, isn't it?

So here I go... I'm venturing out to start my digging out.  Sweet Lord, I need a hug.

To everyone who got slammed with this terrible storm, I hope you are all safe.

Smile folks... Yankee baseball is right around the corner.

  Be Read. Get Known.


Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017