Tuesday, January 19, 2016

RECOGNIZING PETE ROSE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS


I am thrilled that the Cincinnati Reds have stepped up to the plate... pardon the pun. Looks like Pete Rose is going into the Hall of Fame, sort of.

According to Aaron Gleeman of Hardball Talk:

"...the Reds announced that MLB’s all-time hits leader will be inducted into their team Hall of Fame in late June … nearly 30 years after his final game in Cincinnati.

C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that in doing so the Reds will be 'bypassing the usual election process and changing its rule that had matched the rule of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, barring those on baseball’s permanently ineligible list from induction.'”


For me personally, this is big, and hopefully the first step toward the real HOF.  Maybe it softens the blow for Rose to eventually be seen as someone that should be eligible for the Hall of Fame.  I often wonder if Rose was ill or dying if MLB would ever consider softening their stance.  The whole thing seems wrong to me and yes, I know the guy gambled, but all these years later, I just can't get past the fact that the guy played some incredible baseball. I mean, he's the all time Hits leader? How is the hits leader NOT in the Hall of Fame?  I was young when I discovered Rose, but he made me a fan! I loved the way he played.

Anyway... congrats to Pete Rose for making the Red Hall of Fame.  You deserve it!

Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017