Sunday, January 10, 2016

IS IT OKAY THAT I AM HAPPY FOR PIAZZA?




This week Mike Piazza received top honors for his performance as a catcher for most notably two MLB teams, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets.  In all Piazza played for five teams and after four tries, Piazza gained entry into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.  I was so happy, that I almost forgot he played for that team at the other side of New York City.  I always felt that Piazza played a good game and I respect him as a player and today, as a person who has given his fans and all of New York something to celebrate.


"Piazza remains arguably the most revered player in Mets’ history and has said on many occasions playing in the pressure cooker that is New York brought the best out of him," stated CBS Sports this week following the announcement that Piazza would be heading to Cooperstown.

I sent out this tweet:
Yes, that's my bobble head of Piazza and yes, I knew right where it was so I could take the snapshot and tweet it out when I heard that the New York catcher got the call to the Hall.  Maybe it's because I fear it is going to be a long winter, or maybe I just can't wait for Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter's years of eligibility, but I am ecstatic for Piazza, his family and his fans, across the country.  I usually don't get excited for other teams and other players other than our very own Bronx Bombers, but this time, I am making an exception.  


Congratulations to a man who gave New York something special while he was playing and a legacy for all to embrace as he enters the Hall as a New York Met this summer.  



--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist
Twitter: @suzieprof






20% Off Sitewide at SteinerSports.com with code NEWYEAR20 



Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017