Saturday, December 5, 2015

SAD BUT TRUE


In a day filled with Christmas hustle and bustle, and running around town to get a few nice things for the family, something happened.  The Shark, Jeff Samardzija signed with the San Francisco Giants officially.

It was deeply speculated yesterday that the Shark and Mike Leake were leaning the Giants way, and in my own selfish mind I was hoping that Samardzija's price tag would have been low enough where Brian Cashman could have though, "You know what? I'll try and sign Shark." It didn't happen, even though we all kind of knew it wouldn't happen and you know what? Life goes on.

So here's the report and we're using ABC News here:


"The San Francisco Giants landed a top-tier starter to complement ace Madison Bumgarner, agreeing with free agent Jeff Samardzija on a $90 million, five-year contract Saturday a day after losing out on Zack Greinke.

The club said the deal will be formally announced once Samardzija passes a physical that's scheduled for Tuesday."

Good for the Shark. He's with a good team, he's bound to have a more successful season than last. If you can't tell, I'm a fan.

But once again the Yankees don't sign a free agent starting pitcher, and you gotta wonder why?  In the grand scheme of things, $90 million for 5 years is not too bad. It's manageable for many teams, the Yankees included.  I'm just disappointed.


For all you Yankee fans that wanted news of Shark sooner on BYB?  Sorry about that.  BYB is a free, family shop here. We don't sit at our computers 24 hours a day to try to be first with Yankee news. We've never been that, and we don't try to be perfect here.  You know what we try to be? Fathers. Mothers. Parents and when the news breaks, if we're somewhere close to a computer, we'll tell you about it immediately.  If we can't, we can't. That's it. For all of you who have read us for 5 years, you know that, you respect that and we love you for it.

I'm only telling you this because haters are gonna hate. And a certain hater actually had the nerve to email me today about Shark. I was told in that email that "Bleeding Yankee Blue sucks"  because, "you didn't write about the Samardzija deal." I was told we "dropped the ball" and we are "awful at what we do."  

Well, that guy obviously doesn't know what we do.  I encourage him to not read us, to not email me again.  To go read the sites that neglect their family life to post a story 1st. I'm gonna be honest with you. I DO NOT CARE ENOUGH ABOUT BEING FIRST here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.  I DO NOT CARE ABOUT BREAKING NEWS FIRST here at Bleeding Yankee Blue. I care about delivering news to my audience on our terms.  Plus, we do it differently and better than the rest.  That's the bottom line.  So, to that dude that wrote me.  Go away.  You're a bully... and you just don't get it.

Congrats to Shark on signing with a great team.  Too bad Cashman couldn't get off the couch to sign him... life goes on.

Be Read. Get Known.










You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

3 comments:

  1. I'm okay with watching the farmhands play for 2 years waiting for all the big contracts to expire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017