Thursday, December 10, 2015

INSPIRING BOOKS FROM AN INSPIRING WOMAN

I like being inspired, don't you?  Do you inspire others? Your kids? Other people?

As a kid, I remember moments when I was told by a coach on a baseball diamond that I was invincible.  I was told that I could do it if I applied myself, worked hard, committed to it and you know what? Over time, I became confident and sure of myself standing on the mound or in the batter's box.  Those coaches will always be remembered for keeping me upbeat, energized and inspiring me to do great things. I will never forget those coaches.  They helped mold me into the man I am today. 
 

Inspiration is addictive.  It feels good, and when I received some info on a pretty cool chick out of San Francisco and what she's doing to bring her own inspiration to kids... I was pretty impressed and so, I wanted to bring this story to my BYB audience.  Amy Gutierrez (known as Amy G) is an energetic, busy and yes... inspirational person.


For many on the East coast, you may not be familiar with Amy. Here's some background; Amy Gutierrez is the in game TV reporter for CSN as well as for the San Francisco Giants.


She's won Emmy awards for her work. She's been there when the San Francisco Giants won their championships in 2010, 2012 and 2014. She knows the players, the game and she's also a terrific author.  The bottom line is, she's one of the hardest working women in sports. Now check this out...


Amy has written 2 great baseball books. These books were written to inspire a love of the game of baseball and they are totally baseball generic, meaning, you can be a certain baseball fan, Yankees, Giants, Diamondbacks, and the read is still the same. It's terrific.  As you know, reading my Little League stories once in a while on BYB, (Read GETTING THE WORK IN, and "HUSTLE" in case you missed them), I fall in love with these types of stories.  I believe that all kids need that opportunity to shine, and if they are encouraged along the way, if they can build some confidence in their journey... sometimes that's all they need to become truly great players, but also great people, outside of the game.


One of Amy's books is called Smarty Marty's Got Game.  That was her first book which came out in 2012.  The second one, the newest installment in the 'Smarty Marty' series is titled Smarty Marty's Official Gameday Scorebook.  This book is unique. It actually helps kids learn how to score baseball games, a lost art in this day and age.


Both books can be purchased on Amazon.  Just click on the books you like below and you'll be brought directly to the Amazon page.

Smarty Marty's Got Game

Smarty Marty's Official Gameday Scorebook

Both books are terrific reads and are priced under $20.  Amy's books are perfect for that last minute stocking stuffer for Christmas.  


Amy does appearances like going to Macy's and she'll read to the children and share her stories.  For me personally, I love this!  It's wonderful.



Bottom line, I love the message Amy is putting out there, helping to inspire kids... telling some wonderful stories and teaching about this great game of baseball.  It's important in this day and age when it comes to iPads and smart phones, kids forget about the basics and real life. There are less pickup games these days.  In some communities, baseball is dying, less kids are playing ball.  It takes folks like Amy G and those coaches I told you about when I was growing up to send a positive message to kids.

Do me a favor. Take a moment, check out Amy's books. I applaud her.  Like I said before, any time you combine kids and baseball and the learning of the game, you get me!   Amy got me!


  Be Read. Get Known.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017