Friday, December 11, 2015

HEYWARD. CUBS. 8 YEARS. $184 MIL. WTF.

That's alot of years.


Aquick note.  Jason Heyward just made a hefty pay day.  There are multiple reports about this deal, but we'll just use ESPN on this one:

"The Chicago Cubs have agreed to terms with free-agent outfielder Jason Heyward on an 8-year, $184 million deal...Heyward's deal has two opt-outs: One is after three years, the second after an unknown time frame."


I gotta tell you, I am a huge Heyward guy. He's a jersey guy like me. I love him, I love the way he plays, if he was a New York Yankee, it would make me very happy. But lets be real about this; I think a contract like this for the Yankees is utterly ridiculous and Brian Cashman was brilliant in NOT signing or pursuing Heyward at the tune of 8 years and $184 million. 


Who knows, it could prove a huge mistake not signing him, but I'm applauding us not budging here.  We need to concentrate on starting pitching now, and that's what I hope we're doing. 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017