Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CUBS PLAY GRINCH & RELEASE BRENDAN RYAN


Yeah, you read that right.  It's 2 days before Christmas and the Cubs play Grinch.  The Chicago Cubs just released Brendan Ryan.


Hardball Talk writes: "...today they released the veteran infielder. Ryan already exercised his $1 million player option for 2016, so the Cubs will be on the hook for that and presumably his inclusion in the trade was simply intended to balance the salaries a bit given Castro’s much larger contract. 


Ryan has long been one of the majors’ best defensive shortstops..."

But I guess better defense doesn't get a stay on a club you just got traded too.  The Cubs couldn't wait a few days?


Look, baseball's a business, I get that, but the timing is rotten.  Now, don't go emailing me telling me that the guys still making money and you don't feel sorry for him.  I don't want to hear it. 

Also, don't go emailing me asking me to find out what happened? I'll chat with Sharyn and B when the time is right.  This is obviously not the time for me to insert myself into the story.

Whatever the case, that just happened.  Just wanted to keep you in the loop. My best to the Ryans.


Save 20% on Andy Pettitte Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com with code SPORTS20


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017