Friday, November 13, 2015

SCOTT BROSIUS GOT A BRAND NEW GIG!


Quick note about a Yankee that fell into wonderful graces during his run in New York.  Scott Brosius just got hired by the Seattle Mariners.


According to Wally Matthews of ESPN, "...Scott Brosius has been hired as the hitting coach for Triple-A Tacoma in the Seattle Mariners organization.

The Mariners announced the hiring of Brosius on Thursday. The 11-year major league veteran with Oakland and the New York Yankees spent the past eight seasons as the manager of Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon, where Brosius played before embarking on his professional career."

Not sure if you remember, but BYB interviewed Scott back when he was with Linfield.  Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: SCOTT BROSIUS. Here's that exchange,


"You are in your fourth year as the manager of Linfield College Baseball team. Fans also might not know that you played for Linfield College for three years until being drafted by the Oakland A’s in 1987. How do you like being a manager and is managing in the Major Leagues something you would like to do one day?

Scott Brosius: I have been very fortunate to get the opportunity to coach at Linfield College, the school I played at. I knew I didn’t want to give up baseball altogether, so coaching gives me the opportunity to pass on some of what I learned along the way. I enjoy coaching tremendously, and doing so at Linfield also provides me with the balance to see my kids play as well and coach my son’s team in the summer. I am having a great time with it, and right now I don’t see myself moving back into the professional ranks, at least while my kids are still at home."

That was in July 2011.  Now he's back in the MLB, coaching minor league ball.  Not too shabby Scott.

Be Read. Get Known.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017