Monday, November 2, 2015

BIENVENIDOS A MIAMI DONNIE BASEBALL!


Seeing Don Mattingly in a Dodgers uniform was the worst thing I've ever seen.  Seeing him in a Miami Marlins uniform with Loria as his boss is worser... or something.


The Associated Press writes: "The Miami Marlins, who have gone through seven managers since 2010, are hoping Don Mattingly is here to stay, as they introduced him as the team's "long-term solution" on Monday.

'I plan on being here at least 10,' Mattingly said of his new four-year deal.



'Hiring a manager is one of the most important decisions a team can make, which is why it was so important for us to find the right long-term solution,' Marlins owner and CEO Jeffrey Loria said.  'I'm thrilled to welcome Don Mattingly to the Marlins family. ... Don's brand of strong and focused leadership is exactly what this team of talented players needs to help us compete at the highest level."

This was the final line of the AP article:

"Mattingly was a six-time All-Star and a .307 hitter with the New York Yankees from 1982 to 1995. Loria is a New Yorker and Yankees fan."

Sadly, this sums up the entire signing of Mattingly as Manager of the Marlins.  This isn't a "Don Mattingly is the right man for the job" for Loria. It's "I love the Yankees and I'm a fan of Mattingly."  Jeffry Loria is a tool, and while the Marlins under Mattingly could be a monster success, it almost seems like Loria signed Mattingly as part of his own distorted start to his Yankee collection.  I cannot bare to see Don Mattingly in Miami.  I mean hey, I'm thrilled he's managing again, and I know he'll be fine there. But hey, you gotta wonder what's up Loria's sleeve.  I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him, and with my bad knee, I shouldn't be throwing anybody.

What movie? Ferris Bueller's Day off.


Boom. That just happened.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017