Wednesday, November 4, 2015

ALAN COCKRELL ENDORSED PRETTY STRONGLY


We all know Alan Cockrell became the Yankees hitting coach after Jeff Pentland left this offseason.  If you live under a rock, read YANKEES DON'T LOOK FAR FOR THEIR HITTING COACH. It's not Pulitzer Prize worthy, but you get the point.


Anyway, there's a piece in the New York Post today about a pretty strong endorsement in favor of Alan Cockrell... it's Jeff Pentland.

The Post writes: "I fully expect him to be able to do it,’’ Pentland told The Post on Tuesday from his Arizona home. “I love the guy. Alan is very good. Every chance I get, I pump him up. If I didn’t stay in the job, I wanted him to get it.... 


He is a veteran guy, he has been around and I think the players accepted him..."

Now you know how I feel about Cockrell. I like his style, and I mentioned awhile ago, the guy just knows hitting and knows it well.  He did a ton of videos about hitting over the years. I actually own these for my son.  They are eye opening.  Here's a preview:



Anyway, look, the guy's bad ass, what can I say.  And let's not forget Marcus Thames.  I was reminded that Thames was instrumental in helping Rob Refsnyder this season when he was with Thames in AAA on the Railriders. 


Thanks for that reminder Iris:
Look, people want big, popular names as hitting coaches.  I get that, but I like the endorsement of Cockrell by Pentland and I look forward to seeing he and Thames work in 2016... no question.

Carry on.

Take $20 Off Steiner Sports' Business + Baseball Event General Admission Tickets with code BYBSTEINER.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017