Monday, October 5, 2015

CC SABATHIA CHECKS HIMSELF INTO REHAB


According to ESPN and several other news sources, CC Sabathia has checked himself into an alcohol rehab facility. This comes right before the Yankees Tuesday night Wild Card game against the Astros. The Yankees will have to make it through this Post Season without the big guy.

CC released a statement asking for our understanding during this time.

"Today I am checking myself into an alcohol rehabilitation center to receive the professional care and assistance needed to treat my disease. I love baseball and I love my teammates like brothers, and I am also fully aware that I am leaving at a time when we should all be coming together for one last push toward the World Series. It hurts me deeply to do this now, but I owe it to myself and to my family to get myself right. I want to take control of my disease, and I want to be a better man, father, and player. As difficult as this decision is to share publicly, I don't want to run and hide. But for now please respect my family's need for privacy as we work through this challenge together."




This may seem very disheartening to a lot of fans, especially with the postseason upon us. Please try to understand that this is an illness and that seeking help is the best thing that CC can do for himself, his family, and the team. It is extremely difficult to get through this process without the love and support of those around you.


To CC, Amber, and the entire Sabathia family, BYB sends it well wishes during this difficult time. You all have our support, love and understanding in this. Be strong, Big Guy! You can do this!



-Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017