Wednesday, September 9, 2015

SHOUT-OUT TO SECTION 213...

Rows 2, 3 & 4.


Over the years, since moving from the old “House That Ruth Built” to the new, more corporate friendly “House That George Built”, we’ve heard that Yankee Stadium has lost its “Rock”.  Everyone from beat writers to visiting fans feel that the building, part Roman Coliseum, part upscale mall, is pretty sterile.  It doesn’t get loud.  Fans aren’t as invested.  The criticisms go on and on.  To an extent I have to agree with some of these observations.


The Mohegan Sun alone is enough to make me sick.  The TV screens on the outer walls of the tinted eye sore serve as a nice “F U” to bleacher fans when they can no longer see a play in Left field when sitting in Right.


It is what it is.  The Brass know the fans don’t love the ballpark, but the suites are a big hit with those who pay the bills I guess.


This past Labor Day I took in a game with my family.  The tickets weren’t crazy pricey (found them on the Yankee Exchange) and the seats were pretty solid.  What really made my day, aside from the Yankee win over the O’s and the BIG KNOCK BY BIRD, were the other fans sitting in our section.  They were true throwback Yankee fans.  They brought the feeling from the old Stadium across the street and it made my day.  These fans were into the game, funny, friendly, and best of all, THEY STAYED FOR FRANK!


After Murphy’s dinger, I was high-fiving this gang of Fun Lovin' Criminals (said as high complement) like they were old friends and teammates.  We talked and laughed and just enjoyed the hell out of a great Yankee game.  What I really dug was the diversity of the fans.  They were young and old, of different backgrounds and from different parts of the city and beyond.  It was really outstanding.  It showed me that the old Yankee Spirit is alive and well.  I was swept up in it and it was a great way to end the holiday weekend.

Thank you to my pals in Section 213, Rows 2,3 and 4.  You guys and gals are the best!

** To Yankee Fans Everywhere!  Here’s to ya, ya FUN LOVIN’ CRIMINALS!”





 
--Mike O'Hara Senior "Features" Writer
Twitter: @mikeyoh21




 

 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017