Thursday, September 17, 2015

MEET THE METS. BEAT THE METS.


I've stated here numerous times. I do not hate the Mets. I even root for the Mets... I don't however when they're playing the New York Yankees.  That's because I'm a Yankee fan.


Have you noticed Mets fans have become overly obnoxious this season? I'm pretty taken back.  I mean, I'm not an obsessive fan that gets overly braggy and annoying when the Yankees win.  I just like it when the Yankees win.  I don't go barking about how dominant we are, when are are dominant of course, and I sure as hell don't walk around telling Mets fans that they suck and "so does their team!"  I'm not a fan of that crap. And let me tell you something else. I hate the Red Sox, but I don't even act that way toward the Boston fans. Boston fans are the most passionate fans in the world. For a while there, I felt their pain.  It didn't mean I had to like their team.  But I tell you what... I respect the fans, all fans, that root for baseball.

I will not however respect a Mets fan that will walk up to me on the streets of New York and yell "You suck! Your Yankees are going in the shitter!"  just because I'm wearing my Yankee hat.  Yup, that happened yesterday. I didn't even know he was coming, but I guess wearing a Yankee cap is not allowed anymore.  I said, "Get the hell away from me", and kept moving. It was bizarre... and it was totally uncalled for.  Mets fans can "Believe" all they want.  Mets fans can think their team is going to the World Series. Sure... go root. Go believe. But remember something, I'm a Yankee fan.... I'll believe it when I see it.


That's what fandom is and we clearly like different teams.  Nothing wrong with that.  But it's more and more evident that Mets fans think they are the greatest franchise and while the Mets are playing well... I'd be lying if I didn't think they should be knocked down a few pegs. Especially after yesterday's spectacle.  Can the Yankees win this weekend?  Maybe. That's honesty.  The Mets are good... but the Yankees are too.  We'll just have to see.  I will say this... at the end of this series, no matter the outcome, my personal demeanor will remain the same.  But from what I can tell, not certain Mets fans. They'll be jerking each other off if they win 2 of 3.  Hey... it's not the World Series yet... calm down, bro.


Daily News has a good piece out by Mark Feinsand.  It basically sets up the matchup.  I'll take a portion of it:

"Tanaka was going to face the Mets one way or another this weekend, but pitching him on Friday sets the Yankees up to start him on regular rest again next Wednesday in the series finale against the first-place Blue Jays at Rogers Centre.

Girardi would not commit to using Tanaka in Toronto, but given Tanaka’s 2.42 ERA in four starts this season against the Blue Jays, it’s natural to assume he’ll start as long as his arm feels good."


 And so, Tanaka will set the tone for the weekend for the Yankees.  He'll be followed by Michael Pineda and CC Sabathia.  They will go against a strong Mets team and strong Mets pitching.  But here's the reality... Tanaka can definitely catapult the Yankees who, once the series concludes, will face the Blue Jays.  All important games right now... and when it comes to the Yankees vs.  the Mets, neither team can afford the lose.  In other words... it's going to be a big weekend.


The Mets are out to demolish the Nationals, and prove to the world that the giant has awoken.  Yoenis Cespedes is the greatest thing to happen to the Mets since Tom Seaver.  But they've lost 2 in a row. The Yankees have youth on their side, but they also have a few big wins as of late.


The home run by Slade Heathcott not only gave this team alittle confidence, it allowed them to move into this Mets series with some balls and a 2 game winning streak.

In the end, we Yankees need to win the series.  Of course, sweeping the Mets would be ideal, but the Mets are too damn good.  But this is what I promise as a Yankee fan.  I'm not obnoxious when we beat the Mets.  I don't become an asshole like some of the Mets fans I've seen.  I know those fans are excited, and I get it. But act like you've been there before for crying out loud.

I know, I know... it's been a while since you actually have... but try.




Save 20% on Jorge Posada Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com with code SPORTS20


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017