Sunday, September 27, 2015

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD


This season I feel like I am living in a dream world. Seriously, only in a bad dream should I have to see the Mets clinch their division and the Yankees buckle under pressure and fight for a wild card. This just does not compute for me. For weeks I have been trying to come to terms and just cope.....but I can't. If you lived down here in my world you would understand.


I guess I have to tip my cap to the Blue Jays, even though I don't want to. I will be gracious though like my parents taught me and acknowledge that they are just a power house. I did not like losing a seven game lead to them. In my dream world that wasn't a bizarre dream that was a scary, hot sweat nightmare. Our boys choked it away and of course....my dad the other part of this world always has to remind me of it. I woke up to this text message on Tuesday morning...


 ::Dad:: I thought you were going to beat the Blue Jays? You used to "own" David Price. Now he owns you.
::Me:: Sorry, wrong number.
::Dad:: LOL Ooookkk....go Mets!

Then of course on Thursday I get this:

::Dad:: Again?! Well there is always golf with the Diamondbacks this off season.
::Me:: NO! In my world, my team would never golf with yours. You can be the caddie!
::Dad:: The Yankees probably don't even know how to do that. How about those Mets?
::Me:: Who cares, we won that series!
::Dad:: And? I'm still going to win my division. You hang on to that idea because you wont.


OH YEAH?! Well....I have nothing to say to this besides that I think the world has officially gone crazy. Pigs must be flying, money is bound to start growing on trees contradicting everything my parents ever told me, and the next time it rains here cheeseburgers are bound to fall out of the sky. HOW did this happen?! More importantly, WHY did the baseball gods let this happen?

There are many things that do not fit in my world, granted some are random but some are supposed to stand the test of time. Since I was born the Mets were supposed to suck. That is just the way it has always supposed to be. Now because I am an adult suddenly normalcy changes? NO! I don't mind change but change anything else not this! Bring back the 80's fashion like the big hair and shoulder pads for all I care as long as it isn't a repeat of a 1986 world series ring because that is where I draw the line.

My head is still spinning here. While I am like Bon Jovi and living on a prayer hoping to catch the Blue Jays in a moment of weakness so I don't have to settle for a Wild Card the Mets are going to win their division?! Pinch me, this is one horrible nightmare. I refuse to settle. I never have and I never will. Of course, I would rather have a a wild card over nothing and miss the postseason again but I am still in shock over here. I need to mentally prepare myself for my dad's Mets comments.


Know what else doesn't fit in my world? A less than 100% Masahiro Tanaka facing off against Cy Young candidate Dallas Keuchel in a do or die go big or go home game. That is something I have dreamed about and refuse to write about because I am afraid I will somehow influence this already un-real world.

At this point, I think I need to end this and go shopping. I may need to build myself a safe house now because I think the world is coming to an end. The Mets rule the NL east, we choked away the lead and Friday night the Chicago Cubs also clinched postseason birth. OK, that part is awesome for the baseball world but I am telling you the world has gone mad. I intend to be here on the other side after the dust settles but this is messed up.



   

--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ 





  Be Read. Get Known.



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017