Friday, September 4, 2015

FRAIDY CAT


I'm always baffled when David Ortiz talks.  He thinks he's important and I'll never understand that.  What am I talking about?  Well, Ortiz tweeted about Tom Brady and deflate-gate... giving him a shout out. I guess because he got off by a federal judge yesterday.  Like we needed someone else to talk about something that no one should care about...
Now look... full disclosure. I don't care for David Ortiz.  I think he's a blowhard. I think he's been around the game way too long.  I don't find him relevant anymore and I think his ego makes his head too big... or maybe that's the PEDs.  I kid, I kid.

Look, This is what I don't get about David Ortiz...


He comes out and defends Tom Brady for allegedly deflating the balls during his season.  For me personally, I don't care.  I don't care what Roger Goodell did. I don't care if Tom Brady or a ball boy deflated them. There are major things happening in this world that are of greater concern than letting alittle air out of the ball.  You beat your wife? That's a bigger story to me.  You know what I mean?


But this is about David Ortiz, the walking contradiction. That guy that sides with certain players because it helps HIM.  David Ortiz came out defending Tom Brady yesterday... yet, when everything went down about his then friend Alex Rodriguez... there was radio silence. SILENCE. In fact, he came out defending Alex when Ryan Dempster threw at him, but never made a peep about Alex and PEDs. Meanwhile Manny Ramirez, Papi and Alex were very, very tight during the height of the rivalry back around 2005.


But suddenly PEDs and Alex surface, and the dude bolts.  He bolted with Manny... and he bolted with Alex, distancing himself with a roadrunner cloud and everything. Meanwhile, he's kissing the ass of then commissioner Bud Selig. And Selig was kissing him back. I thought he and Alex were friends?  Hmmm... but let's take it further.


Do you notice when the subject of PEDs come up... Ortiz is awfully defensive?  I remember that ridiculous "sympathy piece" the Players' Tribune put out, written by Ortiz, about how he's harassed to give urine and blood "early" in the morning when "his kids are sleeping" when he's home in the D.R. How he's been tested "the most in MLB history" (Who's calculating that stat?).


I did my own through read of that piece this morning. When you really analyze his story, "MLB players" take all this stuff, but he's somehow removed from it.  Read this portion:
"Most guys are still taking over-the-counter supplements. If it’s legal, ballplayers take it. Why? Because if you make it to the World Series, you play 180 games. Really think about that for a second. 180 games. Your kids could be sick, your wife could be yelling at you, your dad could be dying — nobody cares. Nobody cares if you have a bone bruise in your wrist or if you have a pulled groin. You’re an entertainer. The people want to see you hit a 95-mile-an-hour fastball over a damn 37-foot wall.
 Most MLB players take a dozen pills a day just to get them through the season — multivitamins, creatine, amino acids, nitric oxide, all kinds of stuff. Whatever you tell them is legal, they’ll take it.

But back in the early 2000s, you’d go into GNC and the guy working there would say, “Hey, take this stuff. It’s great. It builds muscle, helps with soreness, burns fat, whatever.”

Okay, sure, I’ll take that. I’m buying an over-the-f***ing-counter supplement in the United States of America. I’m buying this stuff in line next to doctors and lawyers. Now all of a sudden MLB comes out and says there’s some ingredient in GNC pills that have a form of steroid in them. I don’t know anything about it."
I find this portion fascinating.  Ortiz has managed to accuse the other MLB players of taking "supplements".  Then he casually throws in that he'd take something from GNC, but if MLB says there's a steroid in it, "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT." 


"Not me! I'm on the straight and narrow.  The others guys do it." Interesting David.  In essence... ARod was one of those guys, and so, when Alex's lawyers accused "players in Boston" of using, David quickly cut Alex off.  Why? Alex's lawyer never said David's name?  He said: "...but some of them are God-like in Boston right now." What kind of an ego do you have to have to think it's you, David? Really?  Or maybe they're onto something? Is it you? If David's name wasn't said... hmm... interesting again.

My point is, friends are supposed to stick together when times are tough right? Back in February when a reporter asked Ortiz about ARod, he said "I say Good Luck. Next."


Oh, I get it, defending Tom Brady is OK because he doesn't tarnish David's reputation or throw suspicion David's way.  That's safe. That gets re-tweets. But defending Alex doesn't.  Got it.

You know what David Ortiz needs to do? Be quiet or come clean.  He's a baseball player and PEDs is in his history, when baseball wasn't testing for it.  That's fine, we all get that by now. But PEDs is still in baseball, and David Ortiz, and any of these other players don't have the authority to do whatever the hell they want anymore.  Ortiz complaining that he's being tested 80 times a season should be expected. Yes, David, you are an entertainer, and you're suspicious, and random or not, that's what baseball has become.


As far as your alignment to certain people? I'm quickly seeing a pattern here.  You've managed to allow your ego get the best of you.

You need a reality check, son.


Save 20% on Jorge Posada Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com with code SPORTS20

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017