Thursday, September 3, 2015

BYB & AUSTRALIA: YUP. WE'RE CONNECTED


There have been many stories on BYB about the connection between BYB and Australia.  It started when I met Charles and Joey Moses in a bar in Manhattan and I personally delivered their BYB shirts to them. 


That was followed by FROM THE BRONX, AUSTRALIA... WITH LOVE, a great interview with my new found friends.  Since then, we talk quite a bit.  I consider Joey one of my brothers and Charles is a good, good friend.  I couldn't be happier about that.


Well, do you remember when Joey sent me a few Rabbitohs caps?  We wrote about it in back in May and I wore the cap the entire baseball season on the field, instead of my team hat. Read THE YANKEES - RABBITOHS EXCHANGE we wrote:
" Joey's a great dude and like a brother to me.  We speak all the time and I like that he appreciates what we do here at BYB.  I wrote him back on Facebook about my hat search... I hit a snag:


Hmmm. "Leave it with me."  What was this dude up to?"
As you might remember, the cap became mine a few weeks later.  What I didn't tell you then is where he found and bought the hat, and I want to now:


Joey ordered the Rabbitohs Caps from a place called Sports on the Run, a sports store out of Australia. Click on their store name to check out their website.

OK, so why am I telling you this?  Because I'm nice.  I believe that when someone does something nice for you, the best possible thing you can do is be nice back.  Help each other out. In this world of terror and frustration and anger... take a moment, step back and understand what we're all here for.  Be nice to each other for crying out loud.


What Joey and Charles did was an incredible gesture.  I know, you live in the USA and you don't give a crap about the Rabbitohs.  Hey, I don't follow them extensively either, but I appreciate their team, how hard they work, excellence, and I represent by wearing the Bunnies cap because of that. 


But I also wear the Rabbitohs hat because my Australian family gave them to me.  Not because they had to... but because they wanted to.  You get it?

Thanks again Charles and Joey.

Everyone should check out Sports on the Run.  They have some pretty good stuff.  Hey, and just so you know, I have no dog in the fight.  I don't get a dime from Sports on the Run. I'm just doing what a few guys from Australia did for me. Being kind.

It makes the world go 'round, you know what I mean?

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017