Tuesday, August 4, 2015

MASON WILLIAMS SHOULD LISTEN TO MASON WILLIAMS DURING RECOVERY

I'm old. You'll see why in a moment...


I'm a child of the 70's and so, when I first discovered there was a kid named Mason Williams on the New York Yankees a few years ago, I immediately thought back to the days of Mason Williams... a recording artist, poet and comedy writer who wrote for some old TV shows like the Smothers Brothers.  I know, you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Well, do you know the song Classical Gas? That song came out in 1968, but I remember it as still being insanely popular in the 1970's.  Anyway... here it is:


Now I have some news on the Mason Williams you know, the Yankee kid. He's hurt.  Not only is he hurt... he's about to get surgery for his bum shoulder.  That sucks.


 According to LoHud:

"Mason Williams is having shoulder surgery on Friday. The Yankees tried and tried to rehab that injury, but Cashman said the rehab simply didn’t work, so Williams is now finished for the year. Brutal timing for a guy who had clearly put himself back on the radar this season."

Chad Jennings is right. You just want to see these kids blossom, and then crap like this happens and sets them back. Who knows when he'll get his shot again.


So here's my thinking. Maybe after surgery Friday evening, after the drugs are in full effect and he's laying in his hospital bed... The nurse can dim the lights and play alittle Mason Williams, Classical Gas on a loop, for Mason Williams... and he can dream about recovery and crushing it next year for the New York Yankees.

Damn... I'm all about the setting...

Get well soon Mason Williams... no, not you Mason Williams... You Mason Williams.  I mean, sure... Mason Williams should be healthy too... I didn't want to .... oh forget it.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017