Sunday, August 2, 2015

DANKS FOR NOTHING


Sometimes the Yankees just don't have it.  As my buddy Paul Chivari, Chicago guy, BYB reader wrote in our piece TALKING CHISOX VS. YANKEES WITH A CHICAGO GUY,

"John Danks has been better recently but is 2-3 lifetime against the Yankees..." 


Well, he's one better this morning.  Danks beat the Yankees and the Yankees just didn't do much in Chicago last night.  That's fine.  A loss here and there is going to happen. You just don't want to start losing consistently... not now. Not with the stretch coming.
Bryan Mitchell started for the Yankees.  He went 4, giving up 7 hits and 4 runs.  He struck out 5.  I may be the only one on the planet who doesn't care for Mitchell.  Not just for last night, but in general.  He doesn't do it for me. I don't find him exciting, I treat him like an Adam Warren... do the job and get out of there.  


He hasn't earned my trust...maybe that's it.  Anyway, I digress...

He was followed by Diego Moreno who gave up the other 4.  Again, same with this guy.  Now look, I understand youth and growing pains, but there is just something I'm not feeling about these guys.  Maybe it's the fact that we constantly hear about certain youth being touted and then these guys just show up, or maybe it's just guys the Yanks are just trying to figure out themselves... we shall see.  Whatever the case, Yankee pitching gave up 8 runs.

The Yankees run scoring went like this:

In 5.2 innings from John Danks, the Yankees were only able to scratch out 3 hits and score 1 run.    Didi Gregorius sacrificed home John Ryan Murphy in the 3rd.  Then, in the 9th, off Zach Putnam, Brian McCann homered... a solo shot.  That was it.


The Yanks left 7 on base and were 1-6 with runners in scoring position.  Not what I like to see from my Yanks.  Oh well, today we change that.  


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017